Molds, also known as moulds in certain slangs are large and taxonomically diverse species in which growth of hyphae leads to decolouration and a fluffed appearance mostly on food. Although mold spores are common components in household yet their presence in excess may prove hazardous for health, causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Mycotoxins, a content found in some molds can cause serious health issues in humans and animals and may prove fatal in severe cases. These can be easily found in dark and damp places such as washrooms, kitchens, basements, plumbing areas and areas with poor ventilation or in humid outdoors.The following conditions are most favourable for the growth of mold:
- Temperature as low as -70 degree and over 50 degree Celsius.
- Need moisture, food source and amiable temperature.
To avoid all these issues handyman in Lancaster, PA should be carried out.
Objectives of mold inspection
The main objective of mold inspection is to determine if signs that are showing up are of mold infection and if yes then the quantity of mold contamination is verified so that timely remedial measures could be taken to avoid fatal loss. Commercially it is done at the time of purchasing, leasing or constructing a building. Further the causes of mold problem are traced out so that remedial measures could be taken timely.
Health issues caused by mold
1 There is a wide range of infections and severe allergies. At most quick it affects:
- Infants and children
- Elderly people
- Pregnant women
- Individuals with asthma and other respiratory diseases
- Persons with weakened immune system
2 hypersensitivity pneumonitis, mycotoxic and glucans can have fatal effects on human and animal body.
Awareness about getting mold inspection done by professionals and not by frauds
- There is no mold inspection licenses issued by government regulatory yet.
- Beware of free mold inspections.
- In case mold were found and remedial actions were taken, then ensure that molds have gone completely by taking re-tests.
- Sometimes, scam companies may turn up heat to release more spores in the air and make the results look worse. Therefore observe the inspection carefully.
- Beware of the mold killing substances used since they could be more toxic and dangerous as compared to mold itself.